Designing for Transformation
To remain relevant and competitive in the future, organizations cannot simply offer good products, services and experiences, but must be able to deliver profound, meaningful and transformational value, creating positive impact, engagement and human connection on a much deeper level.
The intention of Become is to take you through a collective and creative learning journey that will help you to acquire the strategies, tools and frameworks that will enable you and your organization to become the real drivers of the transformation that the world urgently needs.
The Become program is an intense learning experience offered through personalized feedback, teamwork, mentoring, curated readings, and 6 sprints in 8 weeks. Here is how we do it:
- Social learning – You will be learning with talented professionals. We have found that one important way of transferring concepts into immediate real-world applications is to involve participants in a peer group. Last team had participants from 20 different countries!
- Curated method booklets – Each week you get a new mini book, that will guide you through the journey! In this book you get an introduction to the topic of the week, an assignment and further references. The curriculum will bring you to the forefront of the design world.
- Personal mentoring – You will have the chance of sharing ideas and learning directly from experts on one-to-one sessions that gives you the personal touch a video will not.
- Learning Box – We will ship you a custom learning box, with your method books and experiential elements, to deepen your learning experience.
This is an 8-week peer-driven training run entirely online. We gear everything towards building your capacity in your daily work.
- You will work on 6 sprints on topics that will bring you to the forefront of leading transformation. Find an overview of these sprints below.
- You will have one 3-hour call 1 time per week for feedback, collaboration and reflection with an amazing group of peers.
- You will get curated readings, podcasts and instructions accompany each of the 6 sprints.
The program is designed so you can do your daily job. You can expect 2-4 hours of preparation for your call each week.
Is This For Me?
This program is for designers, leaders, facilitators, entrepreneurs, managers, artists, innovators, doers and makers. Our alumni are from organizations like adidas, Unity Technology, Green Peace, Google, IKEA, IDEO, Lego, Skype, Mind Valley, Government of Columbia, different B Corps and many more.
Our typical participants have at least 5 years of work experience and come from the following industries:
- Organizational Development Consultant
- User Experience
- Education and Facilitation
- Social Enterprise and Nonprofit
- Consumer goods
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Become is for people longing to have a structured approach to develop themselves in order to effectively change their organisations. It’s for leaders who want to develop their strategic thinking, and add the most relevant methods, mindsets and frameworks to their toolbox.
Tomorrow’s consumers/citizens will not only expect meaningful experiences on digital platforms but also experiences that add layered value and transform – creating engagement and human connection on a much deeper level. You’ll learn the language and frameworks that enable you to drive connection and transformation.
- Purpose Driven Strategies – Connect your work more directly to what you believe in. Create more effective results by using purpose as a guiding principle, and learn how to align profitability and positive social impact to transform the paradigm of business.
- Holistic Approach – Think systematically and develop yourself in a holistic way. Expand what you have access to experience, think and do, to better confront the multilayered complexity of our current challenges.
- Act Fast and Learn Fast – Transformation is a never ending on-going process. Learn how to take courageous action and how to assess whether the change you are provoking aligns with your purpose and goals.
- Transformational Design – Explore Design as the key mindset and tool for personal growth and systemic change. You will be learning together with an amazing global community of like-minded people, who are at the forefront of building the practice and methods for designing transformational experiences.
- Become a driver of Transformation. Learn how to create and lead processes that create ripples of transformation around you and your organization.
“Become program was transformational for me. Every session had many aha moments in terms of insights as well as actions. It helped me to Clarify my personal and professional purpose and create a prototype to start acting immediately.”
– Raja Chidambaram, Consultant and Enabler-Transformation, India
“Become is the proof that an online course is NOT second to a physical course. As participants we laughed, we developed ideas together, we trusted each other, we shared personal stories and we got truly connected. And then we got what an intense physical course can’t give you – time to reflect between the sessions and readable and savable post-its! I can’t recommend it enough…”
– Ditte Amskov, Senior Innovation Advisor, Oxfam IBIS
“BECOME has exceeded my expectations. The course is ideal for any designers working on a difficult product launch, personal or professional project. The programme runs over three demanding weeks although it can be combined with your daily job. The constant synergies between the 6 mini design sprints and your own work will prove invaluable. Not only will you have a cohort of very talented link-mind people to share this journey with but also a group industry leaders who will be accompanying you on the journey. I am proud to be a member of the BECOME Fellowship.”
– Santiago Brea, Business Consultant
“Become is pure inspiration but also a very practical course. Guided from the heart, Become has really make a difference in me and I feel that I have the tools to create whatever I put my mind to.”
– Sonia García, Visual Artist and Designer
The unique Kaospilot methodology and pedagogical approach is grounded in action-reflection theory. You will be applying theory, which you will be testing, and you will also be learning through practical exercises. Our approach enables you to acquire different mindsets for you to apply in your work, including experimentation, exploration, and taking initiative.
Become was born out of the hard work from Aga Szуstek, Alberto Barreiro and a luminous team of global experience designers, organizational development experts, and coaches.
Alberto spent the last 20 years exploring the relationship of people with digital media as an artist, designer, entrepreneur, business consultant, and media executive, working for global digital media players but also starting new businesses in the fields of media and experience design. Alberto is always driven by the aim of trying to make the world slightly more beautiful, useful and meaningful than we found it.
Course duration: 8 weeks
Course starts & ends:
September 7th 2021 to October 26th 2021
Session structure & times:
This program has one call every Tuesday during the course. Expect 2-4 hours of preparation for each call.
Europe — 14:00-17:00 CET (Berlin)
Non-profits/educators: €1155 incl. VAT
This fee is for people, who work in a non-profit organization, the education sector or in an organisation that has a social/environmental focus. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount code.
From a country outside of the EU?
Your purchase will be 25% discounted, as VAT does not apply to you.
The Become program helps create a more human work culture. Following our simple peer-driven methodology, colleagues get to know each other at a whole new level. They build meaningful relationships around creating a positive direction for the organization. Reach out to program director Andy Sontag to learn more: email@example.com
€ 1.650,00 Incl. VAT